Thursday, May 24, 2012

Clutch Bag

A few posts ago I said I'd be posting a clutch soon. Well here it is. It's another design by Christine at http://www.chriswdesigns.com/shop.htm.
Some of us have just finished testing it so it's not up for sale just yet but keep looking it will be very soon.
Great bag for an evening out with loads of space for all your essentials. I made mine out of velvet upholstery fabric for the main fabric and satin effect for the lining and gathered panel. Although it has loads of pockets inside once the pattern was cut out and the interfacing and fleece ironed on I managed to make it in about 10 hours with a few small breaks in between. Chris suggested using brocade fabrics or cottons but of course I like to make life difficult for myself and went with a much thicker fabric. Next one I'll try a brocade maybe. Anyway I'm thrilled to bits with it and would love to keep this one for myself if my daughter can keep her mitts off it. LOLLL
I put in a few things that I would take with me on a night out to see how they would fit and found that it still had room. This is a photo with the contents in it.


These are my contents. LOLL


I have never really liked doing gathers so this part was not my favourite but turned out quite nice I think.


Just a few more photos. I love playing around with my new camera. LOLLL






Thanks for stopping by.

~ Maria ~

7 comments:

  1. Another nice bag Maria. Oh and nice photos too with your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that! I like how there's kind of a "frame" formed with the gathered piece that's set in (and your gathers look good, just so you know :"
    That might be one I'll have to keep my eyes open for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooooooooove it !!!! both the interior and the outside, are beautiful. I like all the small divisions of the clutch to manage the cards that we use daily and the pocket with the zipper. A Beautiful creation, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice clutch bag you have made :-) Love the front on it. Have a great and kreative week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very classy. That will be a great evening clutch. Since I'm sew bad about forgetting things I tend to leave my purse at home when I go out.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria,

    Absolutely lovely your clutch.The inside space is fabulous. I like your bags. Do you dance sevilhanas(Spanish dance)?
    Have a look at my blog I’ll be glad.

    Hugs from Portugal

    Ana Love Craft

    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~