Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Happy Bags

Yesterday I showed you Jane's Basic Clutch so today I'm going to show you the Happy Bag I made that matched the clutch and also some other Happy Bags I made during March.
The Happy Bag is designed by Rahimah at Imazzpatterns and she's another designer that makes bags for beginners. Her designs are simple and easy to make and the patterns are very well written with loads of photos.


Here's Jane's Basic Clutch I tested to match the bag.
I love this fabric.


The pattern for the bag has a magnetic button closure but as my customers want zippers in their bags I added a recessed zipper which is very easy to do and can be added to practically any style bag.


Inside has a couple of slip pockets. If you're a confident sewer you could add a zipper pocket on the other side.


As usual I quilt my bags as I don't have fusible fleece so this is a good way of keeping all the layers together.



This one I made with upholstery fabrics. This colour is really in this year.





This is another one I made in the same fabrics just that I positioned the front pocket to show the flowers differently.


Another one in upholstery fabrics. I love these large floral fabrics and they are proving to be really popular.






I also made matching makeup bags for these but I'll show you those another time.

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Maria ~

12 comments:

  1. Those bags are georgeous, Maria!
    Great!
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Maria! Beautiful bags!!! I absolutely love the fabric with birds, so pretty!
    Have a wonderful Easter time!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice, Maria. Your work is beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabrics are fantastic, and so are your bags! That bird set in the first pictures is awesome - I just love your "organic" quilting design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bags !! recessed zipper why do I struggle with these is there an easy to watch tutorial. .TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denny, thanks for stopping by. I haven't watched this tutorial but it's supposed to be for any type of bag. Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-CHW9EEd3k

      Delete
  6. Those Happy bags are simply awesome. I love the floral ones , both are very very pretty!
    I'm glad you love my pattern. Y

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made them way beyond my expectation. Your bags should be renamed The Happy and Pretty bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them, I love the design and the combination of fabrics. Your bags looks so elegant.. Thanks for sharing !!!!! Have to go visit this new designer!!!! Have a beautiful day, Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, Your bags are really attractive and elegantly done. I always love your attention to detail and your signature quilting. It is fun to learn about another fine designer. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretty bags. I think my favorite is the brown floral. Love them all. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~