Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Jane's Basic Clutch

Boy have I had one crazy month. Actually it's been longer. It all started before the 21st Feb when I was sewing like mad for an upcoming craft fair, you can see that post HERE. Shortly before I was leaving disaster struck when my sewing room ceiling fell down which meant I couldn't make the craft fair, you can see that post HERE. If that wasn't enough to deal with, me and my daughter decided to be the sole suppliers to a shop and if all that wasn't enough we were published in a magazine but more about that in another post.

With all my time spent sewing for the shop and not knowing when workmen would turn up I had to put testing bags on hold, I just wouldn't be able to concentrate. Then Jane from Projects by Jane asked if I wanted to test a clutch and I couldn't refuse becasue her patterns are perfect when they come for testing plus her creations are quick and easy to make. The day after she sent the pattern I had finished it and sent her photos. I told you it was quick.

Here it is, Jane's Basic Clutch. I knew instantly which fabric I was going to use becasue I had just finished making a Happy Bag in the bird fabric which was sent to me by Samantha and thought this clutch would be a perfect addition.


This is a basic clutch but can be made as a conventional clutch like I did with the body in one colour and the flap in another or you can make it like Jane's. She made hers with the back of the clutch and the flap in the same fabric and the front main bag plain.




Inside there is a single slip pocket. Although this may seem like any other clutch Jane has a very clever way of putting the whole thing together which was a new technique to me.


 I used a light denim for the body of the bag and decided to quilt it


 I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Jane's patterns are perfect for beginners with loads of photos and detailed instructions, you just can't go wrong. The pattern is available HERE on Jane's Etsy and while you're there check out the rest of Jane's patterns, they're all fabulous.


I have loads more bags to show you that I've been sewing while you thought I'd disappeared. I've already fallen asleep several times while writing this post so I'll leave the Happy Bag till the next time to show you. For now it's goodnight from me.

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Maria ~

7 comments:

  1. So good to see you back. This is a cute little clutch and I love the fabric. Can't wait to see what else you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you back. This is a cute little clutch and I love the fabric. Can't wait to see what else you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,
    so great, you are back!
    This clutch is wonderful as all your sewings!
    Happy week to you and happy sewings!
    Hugs,Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, I'm so happy you agreed to test my pattern for me. I'm amazed you managed to do it all so quickly despite all that going on at your home. I'm keeping you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag, as always with your makes is gorgeous:) somehow I missed your post re your craft room ceiling... How awful, glad you have the builders in to sort it out, but a horrible unexpected expense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfect and gorgeous! Congrats!
    Have a wonderful Easter!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed your posts, sorry about your ceiling. Cute little clutch. Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~